I love to see the Temple in Kennewich WA.

I love to see the Temple in Kennewich WA.
At the temple with the district.

Monday, May 16, 2011

"This Week has been Weird"

Dear friends and family,

This week has been weird, and its had its ups and downs. Sunday, I had my appendix taken out.

So Saturday night we had dinner at a member’s house. During and after the dinner my stomach was hurting.  So we came in early and I tried to sleep it off. But, after not being able to sleep for a couple hours I said a prayer. In the prayer I asked Heavenly Father to help me get through the night so I would be able to rest up for Monday. Sadly once I closed the prayer I had a strong urge to through up. So I did. After doing so I could sleep, but only in small bursts. So the next morning, I woke up and threw up again. this time it was just dry heaves.( cause I threw up my whole stomach the first time.) So I called Sister Greer and told her what had been going on. After speaking with the mission doctor we concluded that my appendix might be in question. So our host members rushed me to the hospital. So long story short I got my appendix taken out on Mother’s day. hahaha. But, I'm doing fine, if it wasn't for the 9 staples in my stomach i might be playing b-ball today :)

Yesterday we had a specialized training.  We missed the first session with the rest of our zone cause Sister Greer made me sleep in. Plus president told the whole mission during the first session about what had happened to me, so once we got to the church building everyone already knew about it. But, at the training we watched a talk by Elder Jefferey R. Holland which he gave at the MTC in Jan '11 so. He talked about the blessing we have as missionaries to serve a mission and how we need to be converted to the Gospel before we can teach it. The main line was the question "Do you love me?" I'm sure you all know where that question can be found. Jesus asked Peter that exact same question. And after answering him yes 3 times, Christ said "feed my sheep"

As missionaries we need to Love the Lord. And feeding his sheep is how we can do that. But, the only way we can do that is by being converted to the gospel ourselves. And we do that by planning better, studying better, and being strictly obedient to the commandments given to us. So, when we do that we can become the best teacher God wants us to be. "And when we "feed his sheep" with a testimony of the truthfulness of His gospel we can bring people into the fold of the good Sheppard." I pray and hope to be able to teach to the potential my Heavenly Father has for me. And, I know that when I plan, study, and obey, I will be able to.

I love you guys and thank you for all your prayers.

Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment