I love to see the Temple in Kennewich WA.

I love to see the Temple in Kennewich WA.
At the temple with the district.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Combined emails and letters from: March 11- 17


Things are going great here, I've learned a lot also. My companion's name is Elder Clark. He's from Orange County. He goes to Cal State Long Beach majoring in biology. He's going to Jamaica. I have 6 elders in my district; 24 in our Zone. I am learning that "when and where will never matter, as long as why and how we do it is true, we will succeed" - Jimmy Hendrix

I have 2 teachers. their names are Bro. Murray and Gonzalez. Bro. Murray was teaching us how to teach with the spirit. He had us extend a baptism commitment and the investigator was supposed to say no. After the “investo” said no to the invite, we were supposed to just sit there and wait for the spirit to tell us what to say. I honestly waited for 5 minutes, staring into his eyes waiting for something to come to me. It felt so awkward sitting there but after I stopped thinking about it the answer came to me. After I just sat, mouth hanging open, I was so surprise. I didn’t think that the spirit would come to me like that. I'm just so grateful that God has blessed me with the intuition and ability to understand the spirit as well as I can.

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks already.  Elder Clark and I got to welcome the new Elders in our Zone last Wednesday. And this Wednesday we will welcome 7 new this week. I love being able to serve my zone this way. The pictures are from when we went on a walk around the Provo temple grounds.

{Taft will leave the MTC on Tuesday March 22 and will fly in to Kennewick, Washington.  All mail after March 22 should be send to the mission office.}

No comments:

Post a Comment