I love to see the Temple in Kennewich WA.

I love to see the Temple in Kennewich WA.
At the temple with the district.

Friday, February 3, 2012

End of Jan 1-30-2012


Hey guys,
I had a really good week. Zone Conference, my first district meeting, baptism news, I read a really good book, temple, and I busted my ankle.

So first of all, Michelle D and her daughter A will be baptized on the 18th of February. I will perform the baptism of Michelle and E. B will baptize A. This is such a great example of how when we do what we're commanded, God will lead us to those that have been prepared.

Zone Conference was awesome as well. I got to lead the music there, which was pretty nerve racking, Sister Greer didn’t tell me until opening exercises. But I got through it. We also sung a special musical number, the song was called "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." It was so nice, we sung it as the closing hymn also. Ha ha. But the reason I love Zone Conference so much is because I get to be with all these other great missionaries. And I get to feel of their spirit and build my testimony from it.

And District Meeting was fun. We had a training on the Importance of the Book of Mormon. We read it straight from Preach My Gospel. Then we watched the talk given by Jefferey R. Holland titled "Safety for the Soul." It is one of the best talks ever given on the Book of Mormon. I love it and would invite you to read and study it.

I read The Christmas Sweater. It's a book by Glenn Beck, I really liked it. If you have a chance, read it.

I finally got to go to the Portland Temple, we did a endowment session. It was raining, so we didn’t get that many pictures but I have some.

Oh and last but not least, I messed up my ankle. We have a lot of apartments in our area and I was walking down a flight when I tripped down them. There were a lot of shoes, so as I tried to dodge them, I also missed the step. So down I went. But it's on the mend, and I'll be more careful when walking down stairs.

Anyways I hope you have a great week.
Till we meet again.

Elder Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment